5/25/2016

Supreme Turbo Roller Skates

Where to start with this awesome skate? Old school roller skaters will look at this and think they’ve seen a ghost…. This beauty of a skate has been designed to look just like the all-time classic, grand-daddy of them all, the Bauer Turbo.

Roller Skates

Fans of the original Bauer Turbo roller skate would have been devastated to hear the announcement that they were being discontinued. A staple of the roller skate market for many years, wearers, who quickly became fans, loved the feel and the look of the original Bauer. As they are no longer being made, and only a few being available second-hand on a well-known auction website, what is a Bauer-mad roller skater to do?

Well from the ashes comes the roller skating phoenix. THE SUPREME TURBO 33.

I’ve been skating for about 20 years (I’m getting quite tired now, maybe I should have a break……) and I’ve had loads of roller skates. Many with their good points, and believe me many with their bad points. Let me tell you, I LOVED my Bauer Turbo’s. To me they were by far the best skates I‘d ever used. The only problem was after years (and years…….wow, I’m really starting to feel old now), numerous replacement wheels and bearings, tragically they perished.

I had many failed experiments with ‘rebound’ skates, but alas I could not replace my Bauer’s. That was until I tried the Supreme Turbo 33 roller skates.

Initially of course I was impressed by their looks but I was sceptical about the performance. Sure they look like Bauer’s but are they as good?

THEY’RE BETTER!!!!!

To begin with I had Kryptonics Cruise 62 wheels and ABEC 5 bearings on my Supreme’s. These were great. Smooth and precise, everything you could hope for. Well that was until the re-issue of the SIMS Street Snakes wheels.

The new SIMS wheels have the same grippy awesomeness as before but are now made using better quality polyurethane, meaning they’re going to last longer. I’m well chuffed!!!

I’ve finally replaced my Bauers. My Supreme’s with new SIMS wheels are my new love.

If anyone were looking to buy roller skates, and buy the best, then these are the ones. The best of the best

At last, my legs are complete again.

No comments:

Post a Comment