4/11/2016

Galloway isn’t practicing, so what!

Galloway isn’t practicing, so what!

I’m finding it very humorous that there are reports every day about Joey Galloway and when he’ll be able to practice. This is when the football reports drive me crazy, people are so starved for football news that they report on a guy not being at practice when he really shouldn’t be. Does anyone really expect an older receiver who has had problems with his wheels to practice or play any significant time in these preseason games? This is a “track speed” receiver who is getting on in years and is the only real threat on the outside on this team. Not even Jon Gruden is dumb enough to risk hurting this guy too soon.

All this seems to be common sense to me yet not a day passes that I don’t see someone writing about Joey Galloway not practicing. If he did, I would worry. If he played in any preseason games I would worry. He might play a little in one of them just to get back on the field but I seriously don’t think this guy will practice or play until the season starts.

I also fully expect him to play in the regular season opener, regardless of any of the reports trying to create some drama. I liken this procedure to that of Walter Jones in Seattle. Every year he doesn’t seem to even report to camp until right before the start of the regular season. I think guys like Galloway, Brooks and even Ronde Barber should be on the same level. There is a such thing as seniority, tenure and taking care of the elderly. Can’t wait to read tomorrow’s headlines about Galloway still not at practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment